It’s Fall and the weather in Phoenix is beginning to cool down. Once the temperature drops to the 80’s, I get inspired to begin decorating for Halloween and the Fall season. Here’s five fun ideas I’ve discovered that you may be inspired to replicate in your home. Any of these creations can be incorporated as a centerpiece, or as part of a holiday-inspired vignette on your mantel, side table, or kitchen island.
1. This easy to create idea comes from Martha Stewart. Scoop out a medium to large-sized orange or white pumpkin. In this photo, she used a white one to create a vase to function as a centerpiece on her festive table. It is filled with a bundle of fresh flowers including roses, daffodils, ranunculuses, calla lilies, tulips and berries. The flowers are in Autumn’s best colors: orange, shades of peach and yellow. Surrounding the large pumpkin vase, she placed a number of smaller pumpkins in assorted sizes, along with small votive candles. This elegant idea is perfect for both Halloween and Thanksgiving celebrations.
2. A fun Chartreuse green centerpiece is made up of just picked Granny Smith apples, nestled next to a large green pillar candle, all arranged in a giant glass bowl. This clever idea comes from Better Homes & Garden. The same concept could be created with red apples and a red candle for Christmas decorating.
3. It doesn’t get any easier than this! This large pumpkin is trimmed out with a twirling branch from a bittersweet vine. Dried fruit, nuts and seeds can be scattered below. Another great idea from Better Homes & Gardens.
4. In this photo, Better Homes & Gardens fills a rusty antique urn with dried corn stalks and sprigs of wheat to create the base. It is simply topped off with a bright orange pumpkin.
5. Lastly, a simple pumpkin is hallowed out and filled with assorted fall leaves to create a very simple, yet festive idea. Can’t you see several sizes of these centered on your dining room table?
Adding a few inspired designs to your table at this time of year invites the fun, Autumn holidays into your home.